Thursday, November 16, 2006

What's your favorite automobile ever?

I love cars! As such, I after I have gotten past the initial stages of getting to know someone, (cursory likes and dislikes, favorite foods, movies, music, etc); my next question without fail is this:
What is your favorite automobile of all time?
It’s a relatively simple question until you really start breathe into it, think about, and give it life. People like automobiles for so many different reasons and with so many different criteria that it is nearly impossible to truly name THE best automobile of all time. It just doesn’t work that way for me. I know people can break it down into favorite muscle car, or exotic, or suv, or whatever, but takes some of the simple pleasure out of why we actually like automobiles in the first place.
As things are right now, there really is an automobile out there for everyone; whether you are environmentally concerned or a speed junkie, if you are willing to look there is something out there to suit your needs and/or wants.
I’ve put together a short list of automobiles that I think are fantastic, but I’d love to get your choices too.
-Jaguar E type, Xj220, Mk2, Xk ss
-Lamborghini Muira, Countach, Murcielago, Gallado,
-Aston martin Db5, Db7, Db9, Vanquish, Db4 Gt zagato
-Ferrari 250 gto, Daytona, Testarossa, 288 gto, F40, F50, 456, Maralleno/550, Enzo
-Lotus Esprit, Elise, Elite
-Porsche 911, Carrera Gt
-Mercedes Benz Slr Mclaren
-Ford Gt40
-Bentley Continental Gt
-Ac/Shelby cobra, Gt350, Gt500
-Pagani Zonda
-Mclaren F1
-Buggati Eb110, Veyron
-Mg B
-Bmw M1
-Jeep CJ7
-1969 Mercury Cougar (sorry, the first car I bought with my money!)
-And of course the 1966 Chevy Corvette! (I LOVE VETTES!)

Now that you’ve seen what I like, take a minute and give it some thought and let me know what you agree with or disagree with and what automobile you would put in the pantheon of automotive excellence!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to go with the Ford Gt40. I love ford cars in general. I often buy vehicle salvage and do them up or brake them down for car parts or fixing them up. Ford is a good make for this with cheap parts, simple methods of fixing the vehicles and they are nice to work with

So Any Ford wins, but especially the Ford Gt40.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home